We are fortunate to live in a community with strong Jewish values and a proud history of service and philanthropy. If we wish for our Jewish community to remain strong and vibrant for generations to come, we must invest in preparing our future leaders. Together our community can create a vibrant future that engages, inspiresm and impacts generations of Jews for decades to come.
With this in mind, the Jewish Federation is proposing a new leadership development initiative called The Bachman Leadership Institute (BLI). The Bachman Leadership Institute is a multi-session leadership development course for lay leadership in our local Jewish agencies, schools, and synagogues. This program is name in honor of Alan Bachman, a true Jewish leader in our Community.
**The program will run from October 2017 to March 2018 for a total of 6 sessions (3 hours each) offered at the Jewish Federation offices or other selected location in Las Vegas metro.
This leadership development program is intended to focus on the various challenges and opportunities that lay leadership encounter. Additionally, the intention is to create adaptive, opportunistic, and community minded leadership who can work from a foundation of sound governance. By the end of the series, participants will understand, develop and enhance the skills of incumbent lay leaders so they are more successful and effective. This will create a pool of well-developed talent to support leadership succession for all partnering organizations.
The group setting of the BLI will foster the establishment of relationships across agency and synagogues, creating closer bonds. This setting will also provide an ability for the participants to share common knowledge based on Jewish values.
The ultimate goal of the BLI is to build a coalition of informed and educated community leaders to help strengthen their own organizations and the Las Vegas Jewish community at large. There is no financial cost to this program for either the institution or the participant. The requirement is for the participant to commit to the entire series.
This hands-on, inspiring program provides participants with the opportunity to:
· Expand their leadership skills
· Connect with a cohort of dynamic individuals and future alumni
· Engage with industry experts
· Develop a deep understanding of Jewish philanthropy
· Strengthen the Board level leadership of our community agencies, synagogues, and schools
· Applications will be sent to Southern Nevada Jewish agencies and synagogues in July 2017 with final decisions made by September 1, 2017. · The program runs from October 2017 to March 2018.
· Of the pool of nominees, program Chairs and the Committee will select 12 participants, making certain there is the widest possible representation of communal institutions.
· Training is made up of 6 sessions (3 hours each) offered at the Jewish Federation offices or other selected locations in Las Vegas metro.
Nomination Deadline is July 31, 2017