Last Sunday was the annual Mitzvah Day of Community Service sponsored by our Jewish Emerging Leaders program. We are very proud to share with you a summary of Mitzvah Day highlights and some photographs. Most importantly, we wish to acknowledge the tremendous leadership of JewEL and the Mitzvah Day Committee for producing this very special day of community service…most especially Azin Azma and Michael BenShimon, the Mitzvah Day Co-Chairs and Marni Unger, our Director of Leadership and Community Development.
Mitzvah Day Highlights:
- More than 200 volunteers participated in Mitzvah Day
- We worked with over 10 different social service agencies and organizations in Las Vegas
- We delivered 36 Kosher for Passover Food Baskets to our communities neediest senior adults
- We served lunch to hundreds of women and children living at Shade Tree
- We donated 14 units of blood which will save the lives of up to 42 patients
- We registered more than one dozen bone marrow donors
- We created art for hope with more than 15 Holocaust Survivors with the promise that we will "Never Forget”
- We cooked and served breakfast to more than 20 people living at the Ronald McDonald House
- We empowered more than 50 families at Boys Town to be their own Super Hero
- We planted, harvested, and assisted at the Las Vegas Community Garden
- We helped abused and neglected animals at the V Animal Sanctuary
- We served lunch to more than 100 homeless Veterans at US Vets
You can also see the entire photo album from Mitzvah Day by clicking HERE. If you have any additional photos, please email them to me at your earliest convenience.