Department: Emergency Service
Unit: Financial Assistance
Reports to: Director of Emergency Service
Starting at $47,500/year
The Financial Assistance Case Manager will perform professional case management services for eligible participants in emergency financial crisis. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast passed environment, be extremely detail oriented and have disciplined time management skills, without constant supervision once they are trained. Have the capability to work alongside community partners of JFSA, including but not limited to, Staff, grantors, donors, religious affiliates, and all departments of JFSA. This person should be compassionate and hardworking, with a desire to provide quality services to clients in crisis situations.
• Conduct client intakes to determine client needs and determine program eligibility.
• Provide temporary case management to program eligible individuals.
• Create and maintain program records, reports, overseeing client data in Welligent and HMIS
• Complete all paperwork in a timely manner related to clients being assisted.
• Refer clients to various community resources and follow up with clients regarding the resources.
• Maintain positive relations with clients, local community agencies and team members.
• Participate in various committee meetings and trainings related to community resources.
• Document all client contact, maintain client files, and document all information.
• Maintain client confidentiality.
• Report client concerns/ needs to Director in a timely manner
• Maintain compliance with program guidelines.
• Manage marketing and communications (media relations, social media)
• Perform other duties as assigned by the director and as needed for the programs.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social services or a related field
• Experience as a case manager
• Experience working with individuals from various ethnic/cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Possess a working knowledge of community resources within Clark County.
• Ability to pass a background test.
• Ability to pass a drug screening.
• Possess reliable transportation and a NV Driver License
• Ability to work assigned schedule
• Ability to work effectively and independently.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must have great time management and be a self-starter
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs daily
• Ability to drive, sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
Physical Demands: Ability to drive, sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time. Ability to perform push/pull movements and to lift 10 lbs.