Reports to: President / CEO Essential
Starting at $75,000/year
Duties and Responsibilities:
Demonstrated ability to implement and monitor the direction of a complex advancement program and to ensure its alignment with organizational goals
• Track record of securing five- and six-figure gifts from all constituencies, including individuals, corporations, and foundations
• Expertise in prospect research, digital campaigns and other tools to support effective fundraising
• Experience establishing strong relationships with executive leaders and volunteer boards/committees and leveraging them effectively in the fundraising process.
• Evidence of excellent leadership skills and knowledge of how to motivate and mentor a fundraising team to increase performance levels
• Day-to-Day oversight and management of three development staff: Identifies, recruits, oversees, coaches and mentors these team members.
• Possess and continually update deep and robust understanding of JFSA programs and services to be able to communicate our impact to donors and effectively share information with other fundraisers/relationship managers.
• Invests in the success of the Development team through regular individual, team, and department meetings; professional development commitment; and performance and accountability measurements.
• Mentor and coach direct reports to foster the Development Team’s collaborative environment.
• Implement gift processing best practices and maintain donor and funder records, ensuring the accuracy and efficacy of the donor database.
• Maintain atmosphere for outstanding teamwork through clear expectations and frequent communications.
• Create relevant and compelling engagement opportunities, specifically for major and midlevel donors, which align donor interest to the organization’s strategic objectives.
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, co-workers, and supervisors (verbal and written) and work across organizational divisions to maximize results.
• Goal-orientated with social, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
• Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the six-figure range.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the market and competition.
• Develops and implements cost savings measures; conserves resources; focuses on budget and cost savings.
• Displays a high level of integrity and professionalism; creative, flexible, and resourceful.
• Demonstrated success in personally cultivating, soliciting, and securing major and lead gifts; developing and sustaining strong relationships with the Board of Directors, program leadership, colleagues, and stakeholders.
• Proven ability to secure financial support from diverse sources - including major donors, foundations, and corporations.
• Strong external networking, relationship, and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated initiative and follow-through in executing projects from the initial stage through completion, including tracking and reporting.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with donors via all communication channels (phone, in-person, email, and social media).
• Demonstrated ability to: manage numerous complex tasks simultaneously; anticipate and meet deadlines; use time effectively; problem-solve independently in a small staff atmosphere; and function in an often stressful and quick turnaround environment.
• High proficiency in fundraising.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Fundraising, Nonprofit Administration, Business, or related field or equivalent.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a development professional and/or nonprofit experience
• Experience working with high-level decision-makers, trustees, and other stakeholders
• Three to five years in a leadership position
• Demonstrated experience in the phases of capital campaign fundraising: leadership, major, and community gift phases.
• Five to seven years of successful experience in major or planned gift fundraising, annual funds, and direct response, with demonstrated results in personally identifying, asking for, and securing major gifts.