Department: Senior Services
Unit: Nevada Care Connection
Reports to: NVCC Program Director
Administrator over the Intake and Outreach division of Nevada Care Connection, the Aging and Disability Resource Center for Southern Nevada. Responsible for proactively guiding employees to ensure efficient and effective services are provided. Responsible for training new and existing staff, auditing data entry, and managing wait lists. Supervises a team of Receptionists, Intake Specialists and a Housing and Outreach Specialist. Serves as an agency expert on community resources of all kinds. Supports staff in all departments by sharing knowledge. Assists in creating and implementing policies and procedures as well as completing department projects and reports as assigned by the NV Care Connection Program Director.
• Provides direction and supervision to Receptionists, NVCC Intake Specialists, and Housing & Outreach Specialist.
• Assists in interviewing and screening applicants.
• Provides training for new and existing team members.
• Conducts regular individual supervision meetings with staff and regular team meetings.
• Creates staff development plans; support staff in achieving goals.
• Provides ongoing coaching and implements the progression of discipline when necessary.
• Provides on-site support, including regular observation of program implementation and assessment of policies and procedures; Offers feedback to remedy problems as well as brings suggestions for improvement to the Director.
• Staffs cases with Intake Specialists.
• Performs quality assurance checks on staff’s data entry in Wellsky and Welligent data tracking systems; provide coaching and additional training as needed.
• Monitors intake log to ensure calls are being prioritized properly and handled in a timely manner.
• Compiles data for monthly and quarterly reports.
• Oversees and assists as needed with outreach, with a special focus on underrepresented stakeholders including rural counties (Esmeralda, Lincoln, and Nye), the Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Speech Impaired community, communities of color, and faith-based communities.
• Monitors incoming emails; routes emails to appropriate staff and provides information & referral to various community professionals, as appropriate.
• Manages internal wait lists.
• Participates in various committee meetings and trainings related to aging and disabilities.
• Initiates collaborations, both internally and with community partners.
• Facilitates monthly meetings to update staff on community resources.
• Maintains positive relations with local community agencies, team members, and clients.
• Maintains client confidentiality.
• Maintains compliance with program guidelines.
• Reports company standard violations or ethical violations.
• Assists in completing special projects and events set forth by JFSA.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in social services or a related field preferred.
• Prior Supervisor experience is required.
• Experience working with seniors is required.
• Experience working with the disabled population is desired.
• Possess a superior knowledge of a wide variety of community resources within the Clark County area.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to pass a background check and drug screening.
• Ability to work assigned work schedule.
• Ability to work effectively and independently.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work with individuals from various ethnic/cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Ability to adapt to frequent change.
• Proficiency in computers and software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and willing to learn additional data systems.
• Strong Supervisor skills.
• Bilingual preferred but not required.
Physical Demands: Ability to drive, sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time. Ability to perform push/pull movements and to lift 10 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
Required license or certification: Driver's License