Department: Senior Services
Unit: Nevada Care Connection
Reports to: Senior Services Manager
The Intake Specialist serves as the initial point of contact for consumers calling Nevada Care Connection at JFSA and will provide assistance, information and referrals to older adults, people with disabilities, caregivers, and those planning for future long-term support needs. The Intake Specialist should be energetic, hardworking, and passionate about providing quality services within our community.
JFSA’s Nevada Care Connection program provides nondenominational, criteria-based services, including:
Information & Referral – includes providing information only, to a consumer/caregiver, or referring the consumer/caregiver to another agency for services.
Assessment – includes a comprehensive assessment of the consumer/caregiver’s needs, preferences, values and existing supports that results in a person-centered service plan.
Eligibility & Access – includes assisting a consumer in pre-determining possible eligibility for public programs, application assistance, or document gathering.
- Answer live phone calls.
- Interview and screen applicants.
- Collect data to complete initial intake forms.
- Provide information & referral to various community resources, as appropriate.
- Input client data in SAMS database.
- Mail notices of privacy practices to consumers in a timely manner.
- Manage internal wait list.
- Maintain positive relations with clients, local community agencies and team members.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Maintain compliance with program guidelines
- Assist in completing special projects and events set forth by JFSA.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or Equivalent required • Bachelor’s degree in social services or a related field preferred. • Experience working with seniors is required. • Experience working with the disabled population is desired. • Possess a working knowledge of community resources within the Clark County area.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to pass a background check and drug screening. • Ability to work assigned work schedule. • Ability to work effectively and independently. • Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. • Ability to work with individuals from various ethnic/cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. • Proficiency in computers and software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and willing to learn additional data systems. • Bilingual skills helpful.
Ability to drive, sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time. Ability to perform push/pull movements and to lift 10 lbs.
Required education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Required license or certification: Driver's License