We are seeking summer and fall 2018 Interns who are eager to make a meaningful contribution, learn about the nonprofit world and challenge themselves. Internship positions at Jewish Nevada are ideal for those interested in pursuing a career in event management, the nonprofit sector, the Jewish communal sector, marketing, travel, and fundraising. To accommodate and maximize participation we are offering three types of schedules over the summer and fall and are willing to work with interns on earning high school or college credit for their internship.
The schedule can be flexible, at a minimum, we are looking for an intern to commit to twice weekly in the Summer or Fall semesters for a minimum of 4 hours per day. Interns will be based at the Jewish Nevada office.
We are seeking marketing, fundraising, events, and research interns.
Specific Responsibilities may include some combination of the following:
• Develop marketing materials for programs and resources including developing a marking plan for select programs
• Make infographics for social media and reports
• Marketing material orders, assist with order amounts and swag orders
• Attend and support fundraising and outreach events as necessary
• Serve as an ambassador and advocate for Jewish Nevada in the community
• Provide general administrative support to assigned department
• Organizing and attending volunteer projects in partnership with local organizations
• Coordinate mailings, assist in planning and outreach
• Research organizations and programs in the community
• Data entry
• Social Media and website development/management
Key Competencies and Qualifications:
• Current college or graduate student
• Relevant experience developing, facilitating and/or implementing creative Jewish and/or educational programming (experience with service learning, teen philanthropy, summer camp and/or experiential education preferred)
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including strong writing & editing
• Solid organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
• Familiarity with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word preferred
• Ability to manage multiple assignments, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Creativity and flexibility
• Capacity to work both independently and as part of an entrepreneurial team, working collaboratively with other staff and donors
• Commitment to professional growth and learning
• Is committed to professional growth
• Passion for Jewish Nevada’s vision and mission
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and one-page resume along with their availability as a PDF to info@JewishNevada.org. Please include “Summer Intern” or “Fall Intern” in the subject line. Only e-mail submissions will be accepted. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.