Temple Sinai is a Reform Jewish synagogue located in the family-friendly community of Summerlin, west of Las Vegas. It is the spiritual home to roughly 400 families. Temple Sinai is a dynamic congregation with an extensive variety of services and programs to meet the interests and needs of our members. We come together to pray, to study, and to create and foster a warm sense of community.
We are seeking a friendly “people-oriented” individual to serve as the Administrative Assistant for the office as well as our Religious School, which meets on Sunday mornings and Wednesday afternoons, serving approximated 70 children.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
Administrative Assistant Duties
- Primary focus will be the Mark L. Haberkorn Religious School
- Coordinate and supervise the operation of the school’s attendance and facility operations, working in cooperation with the Director of Education, Executive Director, and clergy, and faculty.
- Prepare weekly email communications for Religious School families and staff
- Prepare materials needed by teaching staff, such as copies and art supplies
- Assist in scheduling meetings with parents/guardians of students concerning discipline, attendance, and student behavior as needed
- Assist in monitoring student movement to ensure a safe and orderly environment
- Assist in the coordination of school-sponsored events and activities as assigned (generally on Wednesday nights or Sunday afternoons)
- Assist with other projects as requested
Other Administrative Duties
- Answer and direct all office phone calls from front desk
- Screen all visitors before allowing them to enter the facility using our video doorbell system
- Prepare mailings for multiple departments, including creating mail-merges, printing, and stuffing envelopes
- Assist with walk-in membership inquiries
- Assist with event setup and takedown
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director, Clergy, and Director of Education
A successful candidate for this position will possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills. They will also possess an understanding of synagogue culture and have an excellent work ethic.
- Demonstrates key behaviors: self-starter, self-motivated, coachability, commitment to the organization
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Strong critical thinker/problem solver
- Ability to hold confidential information
- Strong communication skills
- Professional, friendly, and welcoming demeanor
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office and Publishing software (Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, Canva, Adobe InDesign)
Compensation and Hours:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Hours: 40 hours/week, including Sunday School mornings, and other times as needed
- References and background check required.
- Job Type: Full-Time