Director of Education
Temple Sinai is seeking a Director of Education who can build upon and enhance our religious school and youth programs. Responsibilities will include strengthening our curriculum, supporting and supervising our teaching staff, and fostering opportunities for more engagement among the students and families. While you will be the “owner” of the school and youth program, you will work closely with our clergy, executive director, and board liaison—all of whom are excited to help you thrive.
Our student population is diverse and stimulating, ranging from pre-K through high school. In addition, our congregation shares the campus with the Shenker Academy, a full-service early childhood center. While the Shenker Academy is independently run, our congregation provides Shabbat programs on Fridays, and there is a lot of opportunity for more collaboration with Tot Shabbat and holiday events. In addition, we have a robust Jewish Lifelong Learning (JLL) committee that offers regular adult education classes and programs. As Director of Education, you would serve as the staff liaison to this cohort.
Temple Sinai is a Reform Jewish synagogue located in the family-friendly community of Summerlin, west of Las Vegas (just 30 minutes from the “Entertainment Capital of the World”). We are the spiritual home to roughly 400 families. Temple Sinai is a dynamic congregation with an extensive variety of services and programs to meet the interests and needs our members. We come together to pray, to study, and to create and foster a warm sense of community.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be the on-site director and manager during religious school hours
- Evaluate and develop curriculum
- Support and assist teachers in creating and executing lesson plans
- Hold staff meetings, team meetings, and individual feedback sessions with teachers
- Manage issues with students and parents as they arise
- Manage schedule for school programs including music rotations, snack, T’fillah, High School, special events, and assemblies
- Communicate with parents by working with communications manager to generate flyers as needed, weekly e-newsletter
- Support and Supervise Youth Group Coordinator (junior and senior youth groups)
- Work as part of the management team to ensure that all Temple Sinai events, activities, programs, and holiday celebrations run well
A successful Director of Education will possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills, understand synagogue culture well, and have a highly developed capacity to innovate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Jewish Education or related field, Master’s degree in Jewish Education preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in as a Director of Education in a synagogue or related position
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Competency and experience in using all Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Google Suite (Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets)
- Competency with ShulCloud preferred
- Experience with social media platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram)
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work effectively with professional team, lay leaders, and congregants
Hours and Compensation:
- Job Type: Full-Time (including Sundays, Wednesday nights, and other evenings and weekends as needed)
- Benefits include medical plan for employee, vacation/PTO, life insurance
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and list of references to Rabbi Ilana Baden at email@example.com.